Friday 17 February 2012

'Natural Selection'



                                    
                                    
           

    
                Many feel that there is life after death, as they fear that their life has been worth nothing, soon to be forgotten, like a single snowflake amongst the thousands falling. However, something does remain, as, although life brings death, with it can also come life.  I guess you could say that a lot of these were inspired by Hayao Miyazaki's film, princess mononoke, as I often watch his films as a source of inspiration when my brain has dried up of ideas. -

“Modern life is so thin and shallow and fake. I look forward to when developers go bankrupt, Japan gets poorer and wild grasses take over.” ―Hayao Miyazaki.

Possibly one of my most favourite quotes ever, my art always seems to depict a world where the power of nature overcomes the modern world, because when nature disappears, I think everyone will learn that money is truly of no value, that there is far more important things in this world, the very things which are disappearing due to our actions.

 Monoprints - "Natural Selection Project"
Quick. - Ella

girlwithglassfeet.tumblr.com

No comments:

Post a Comment